Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Reposts of Wedding Blog - Preston's Nov 24th Post

Having fun picking out wedding songs, especially for the reception. Trying my best to find a great selection of fun and romantic songs from every decade, yet at the same time trying to stay away from some of the overused choices. I'd like everyone to go, 'Oh, yeah, I used to love this song' instead of 'Good Grief, not 'Hot, hot, hot' again!'.
Also spent some time working on honeymoon details. Wish I could get into more details on that but it's remaining a surprise. Although I will say, we're taking a short honeymoon immediately after the ceremony but saving the 'real' one for January when it's not interfering with Christmas (and yes, costs less to fly out too).
Cathy and I were just talking about how we're going to have our hands very full, going from my son's birthday celebration tomorrow (his actual birthday is Monday), to the wedding, to Christmas, to New Years, to our honeymoon in January, to four birthdays in February, plus Valentines, plus Family Day. Whew! I'm tired just thinking about it.
Finalizing details with Singing Waters, as well. They've changed the overnight stay from $50 to $60 and that's per person in a shared room (two single beds - great for couples who prefer to sleep apart or buddies but not much else). However, that makes the Best Western at $159 a much more enticing prospect. I'll look for some B&B's for people who may be cost conscious at an additional option.
Cathy and I are also still shopping for the perfect (for us) wedding rings. She found some she really liked but we didn't get time to check them out together as yet.
Then there's the suit rentals for our bridal party (if you can call it that - we're forgoing a traditional bridal party and just having the kids with us as we join in union). One more detail I was doing research on today.

No comments: