Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Reposts of Wedding Blog - Cathy's Nov 14th Post

Monday November 14th- Day 3 of Planning- Cathy
Have not been able to sleep much with so much running through my mind. I woke up at 4:00 am. Texted with a client who was also awake.
Yesterday was somewhat productive. Did not finalize the guest list until we finalize the budget and can't finalize the budget until we get a few more quotes on vendors. Between Christmas, wedding and setting up house after the wedding we're trying to keep expenses in check. This area will take some work for the both of us :).
Hopefully we will send out an official wedding announcement today. I've told most of the key people with only a few more to tell in person. It's been amazing hearing all the different reactions. I love the energy I get from people who have been praying for our relationship for over a year! Thanks guys-- you're the best! Also very aware of the skeptics but thats cool too.
The plan for today is to work on the invitations with one of my dear friends. If I'm really efficient then maybe we can have something ready to be mailed tonight-- providing of course that we work on our guest list, which will depend on our budget, which will depend on our.... you get the point.
Also plan to call my church to see if we can get an officiant. Since the wedding is so soon, we have to by-pass the official marriage counseling classes and sign up for some independent counseling classes. Hopefully, we can have one of my pastors officiate our ceremony.
Lastly, I have to sort out the catering. We were going to bring in our own food but now we're reconsidering given the time constraints so today I will inquire about the catering services from Singing Waters ( where our wedding will be held)
Oh, almost forgot-- also have to book a time for the pastors at my church to meet Preston. My pastor is my spiritual father so I'm kinda nervous about that. Will try to book that for Friday before we head down to Singing Waters to confirm the plans for the wedding site.

No comments: