Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Reposts of Wedding Blog - Cathy's Dec 8th Post

Now I finally understand why some people take a year to plan a wedding! What the heck were we thinking?
Up to one week ago things were going smoothly. In fact, one of my clients commented that she would be so mad if we pulled off a 6 week wedding without a hitch. Needless to say, that's the day when everything fell apart! ( I'm still mad at her)
The details of all that went amiss are not necessary but let me summarize by saying that as of 7:00 pm last night. Our entire wedding has been moved from Orangeville to Toronto. In 2 days we managed to find a new site for our wedding ceremony ( my home church) and for our reception ( our caterers restaurant downtown). As faith-filled as we both are, we just could not trust that the weather would co-operate on our wedding day—especially up North.
Over the last week we’ve secured our marriage certificate. ( yes, my divorce certificate finally came in); we finalized the menu; we’ve got our wedding bands, cake knife and other misc. items engraved ( so much for low key wedding); in the midst of it all, we’re also undergoing INTENSE pre-marital counseling which has been invaluable.
Today I’m going shopping for a wedding dress! ( it’s another long story)
Overall, I’ve learned to let go of all the expectations and minuscule details that I was holding on to which has freed me up to enjoy the blessing of this wedding process- especially my supportive friends. Their support and encouragement has been one of the highlights of this entire process.
Preston has been amazing. He has been actively involved in the process and is allowing his creative giftings to shine.
One last thing… I’m loving how my son has embraced his 'new normal'. When he’s happy, then I’m happy.
Looking forward to our wedding day !!!

No comments: