Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Reposts of Wedding Blog - Cathy's Nov 17th Post

Despite things progressing smoothly, I found anxiety building up in me today.


Let me talk about the progress first. Hope ( one of my clients) continues to be a great idea generator. We came up with some great ideas today. We're going to do cupcakes instead of a traditional cake. I'm going to stay at Singing Waters the night before the wedding and we've organized what the cocktail hour will look like. I feel like I should be paying her for our training session!
1 major S.N.A.F.U-- still can't find my divorce certificate. I've actually hired an on-line search firm to find it. If anyone has any ideas, I would much appreciate it.
Now, on to the reason for my anxiety today ( because there had to be more to it that my missing divorce certificate. Jojo and I currently live in a 2 bedroom apartment. Preston lives in a 1 bedroom. We've applied to move to a 3-bedroom apartment for the next year but there are currently none available. We don't want to move immediately because we think that Jojo ( all of us for that matter) will have enough adjustments to make without also having to adjust to a new area, new school, new friends. We don't want to overwhelm him with everything at once.
The problem is--I love my space. I've set my apartment up how I want it. I have a place for everything. I know exactly where everything is. The thought of more furniture in an already small space frightens me. The thought of mismatched furniture and mismatched dishes frightens me. The thought of sharing my clothes closet petrifies me- its already cramped!!! I want to ask him if he wouldn't mind throwing away all of his stuff because it does not fit in with my decor. Now before you criticize me, please understand that I've been in this apartment for 11 years and lived alone for another 5 years before that so I've grown quite fond of my stuff.
I've already shared my issues with Preston and he totally understands because his situation is similar to mine.
I'm looking forward to hearing how God works this one out. I'm confident He will !
Off to meet Pres. now, we're going shopping for wedding shoes...

No comments: