Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Reposts of Wedding Blog - Preston's Dec 12th Post (FINAL)

Cathy and I would like to thank our friends and family for the wonderful bachelor's party and bridal shower they hosted over the weekend.
It is really touching to us to think of the time and effort that was involved in putting these on, especially when they were largely organized by those same people who are already deeply involved in the actual wedding planning. Of course, we acknowledge that it's a busy time of year for everyone, with the holidays almost upon us, so the effort is just that much more appreciated.
It's always a pleasure and delight to be surrounded by friends and family, especially on a happy occasion as this.
For me it is a delight to have my adult son be able to share in these fond memories with me, and indeed, he took the lead in organizing my bachelor party, for which I'm very grateful. Of course, it was great to see so many of my friends together - for the first time ever. Thanks to everyone who came!
Cathy's friends did an amazing job of organizing the bridal shower, complete with fancy agendas, a delicious red velvet cake (still loving that ladies - thank you), balloons, decor, games and more. I only caught the last couple minutes of that affair but I was very impressed. Also, lovely gifts ladies! Thank-you!
Five days to go and everyone involved has a full plate for every one of them. I'm sure the wedding will be here before we even know it!
I look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday! Hope you all enjoy it as much as we do!

No comments: