Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Reposts of Wedding Blog - Cathy's Nov 13th Post

Not a ton of stuff on my planning list today-- finalize the budget, finalize the guest list, share the news with my pastor and church family, shop for wedding bands and tell one of my ex-boyfriends that I'm getting married. ( which will be awkward because during our last conversation I told him I was single)
I'm getting a ton of planning advice both solicited and unsolicited so I'm weeding through all the the ideas so arrive at a wedding that will best capture the essence of our relationship-- something intimate, festive and God-honouring. I sure hope we're able to convey that...
I'm also getting a lot of marriage advice from many sources which is much appreciated. I'm grateful for the wise words from people who are in marriages with blended families ( we both have children from previous relationships), bi-racial families ( which is totally new for me but not for Preston) and from people who have been since for a long time ( combined, I think Preston and I have been somewhat single for over 30 years !)
There have been so many stops and starts in our relationship that I can't be surprised by people's reactions. Especially when I tell them that we're going to be married before Christmas. I usually have to qualify it by saying, 'No, I'm not pregnant!' I'm just so clear on who I want to be with and it's him.
Looking forward to seeing Preston after his weekend away. Absence sure does make the heart grow fonder.

No comments: