Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Reposts of Wedding Blog - Preston's Dec 10th Post

It is a little hard to imagine that in exactly one week's time, I will (once again) be a married man.
It is a notion that fills my heart with so much joy that the continued thought of it brings moisture to my eyes.
There are many aspects to that joy. The fact that despite the fact that my friends will - no doubt - desend upon me 'unexpectedly' any minute now and take me out for a night in the male tradition of relishing in the last visage of singleness - being single, with all that entails - no longer has any meaning for me. If anything I was single far too long already. Tired of the pursuit of women. Bored of the 'freedoms' given. I do not look at my old life passing and feel any sense of remorse, quite conversely, I see only unearned gain in the impending new life.
The fact that it is not of my own accord that I have thusly been blessed with this precious gift of the life of Cathy (and Jojo!) but by the mercy and grace of my Lord in Heaven. For it is purely only out of obidence to Him, that I persisted when I could see no way, and only through His subtle influences that my missteps were corrected or forgiven, time and again. When I walked His path, the relationship soared. When I walked mine, it crashed. When I ultimately submitted to living His way not mine, then suddenly and unexpectly everything fell perfectly into place for our engagement.
The fact that after so long a time I've finally found someone whom I can really see myself living with until 'death due us part'.
The fact that I have an oppurtunity to create a family life, with someone who shares the same values as opposed to on my own or with someone of vastly different principals.
There are many more points I could list off, most of which you could guess but my time is at an end.
Often I'm asked if I'm nervous and the answer is simply 'no'. I am happy and blissfully calm. True there are a thousands little details that might go wrong, but at the end of the day, we will be married and in the end, that's all that matters.

No comments: