Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Reposts of Wedding Blog - Cathy's Nov 19th Post

Not a big wedding planning day. I started the day teaching an exercise class which was great then had to rush to a soccer game then soccer practise then a client so by 3:00 pm my brain was fried. That meant pizza for dinner today ( don’t tell my clients) followed by a movie to clear my mind of all the wedding plans.
Preston is away for the weekend and for the first time since I can remember, I felt an ache in my heart that was overwhelming. I was a feeling utter nakedness and vulnerability. Wow, what a journey I'm on....I can’t remember the last time that I missed someone that much. Had I really closed my heart that long ago? Co-incidentally ( not) the exact second I called him on the phone he was calling me. We got a chuckle out of the synchronicity of our heart.
Despite my seemingly unproductive wedding planning day, I managed to finalize the invitations which should be ready to be e-mailed out tomorrow. It seems like a technicality since everyone who we want there already knows verbally. I also worked on the guest list. This is a challenge because the space we want only holds 110 people and my list keeps growing by the minute. I’m blessed to have such a great network of friends but it makes it a challenge when planning a big event with restricted space.
I also spend some time thinking through a theme for our big day. We both love purple so we could run with that; Christmas so that is also an obvious choice. Yet the thought of a snowflake keeps coming back to my mind. There’s something about its uniqueness, simplicity and beauty that is drawing me to this theme. I will discuss it with Preston when I see him and see how he feels about it.
I hope he likes it. ( with 28 days to go, he better like it!)

No comments: