Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Reposts of Wedding Blog - Preston's Nov 17th Post

Early on I (wisely) deferred to Cathy to handle the bulk of the planning of the wedding. Not to sound sexist, but men generally don't give a lot of thought to such things, although two years ago, I spent a few months doing exactly that. Planning for a wedding and honeymoon in faith that God (or moreover at that time the 'Law of Attraction') would deliver just that.
In the midsts of my planning I met Cathy, who, amazingly, was doing exactly the same thing. Even going so far as to set another place at the table each night for her (future) husband. I'm sure her son thought she was nuts, but I thought it was delightful.
So now as I handle the honeymoon planning, I find myself looking at some of the same guides and websites I was two years ago and having the strangest sense of dejavu except now, it's for real! At those times I'm filled with such a gratitude to God.
The thought that, if we'd only known (or just trusted) back then, we could have been married for two years already. We discussed that but we both agree; two years ago we were very different people and it wouldn't have worked. But it amazes me still, that when we planning our weddings we were meeting our future spouse.
Now I'd love to share with all of you the exciting honeymoon plans I'm developing but since I want to surprise Cathy with them, you all are just going to have to wait until our return to find out what I have in store.
Tomorrow I'm off to another all weekend retreat (at Singing Waters in fact). I'm feeling like a bit of a bum skipping out on Cathy two weekend in a row while our wedding fast approaches but I know there's no place she'd rather have me be.
This weekend is another blessing from God, as I ended up taking the time off work, prior to even knowing what God had in store for me. (Singing Waters is a Christian retreat) I'm not sure what to expect this weekend but I am remaining open for anything God wants to send my way.
I'd also like to take a second and thank the dozens and dozens of people who have congratulated us and say we have been quite surprised, and delighted, by the number of people who have stated that they find our story inspiring.
Cathy and I are both bloggers (activeimage.ca / thecuphalffull.com) so telling it like it is, is second nature to us. And as long as people continue to find value in hearing our stories, we'll continue to be happy to share. God Bless. P

No comments: