Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Reposts of Wedding Blog - Cathy's Nov 27th Post

Today was our first pre-marital counseling session. Our 1 hour session lasted over 2.5 hours. It was powerful, insightful, thought-provoking and a bit unnerving. Both Preston and I were amazed at the pastors ability to read between the lines and pick up on any little cues that he felt we needed to discuss.

Our first session did exactly what it was intended to do; highlight the significance of marriage on all levels; to help us understand the magnitude of what we were entering into; to give us food for thought in areas of our relationship that we will need to grow and develop and to teach us how to fireproof our marriage.
We left our session with lots to talk about on our own. More importantly, it is helping us to really understand what it really means for two to become one. There is no other way that a relationship can survive unless we both unite our hearts, minds and spirits and make God the head of our relationship.
I'm nervously awaiting our second session next week.
Extremely productive day with wedding plans...
We found our wedding bands today after weeks of searching for the perfect pair...

We found shirts and ties for the men in the wedding party ( our sons)...

I found the perfect accessory for my dress...
With all the busyness of the day we still found time to put up the Christmas tree and purchase 2 Christmas gifts -yippee!!
Its pretty cool seeing the bonding that's starting to happen between my son and Preston. I think Preston got hit in the head with a nerf bullet today- what a trooper- he took it all in stride. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched them wrestling and play-fighting and I give God thanks.
As my son prayed at bedtime, I heard him thank God for his new father-- really choked me up....

No comments: