Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Reposts of Wedding Blog - Cathy's Nov 12th post

November 12, 2011-Day 1 of Cathy's Wedding Planning
Well, the race is on to plan a wedding in 5 weeks. surprisingly, I've feeling very peaceful-- beyond excited, but peaceful. Our plan was to keep it very small but we both so similar in that we don't want to leave anyone out so the list is growing.
No wedding party--changed to a wedding party
Small intimate wedding- changed to a full blown sit down dinner
E-mailed invitations--changed to printed ones
Oh well. So it goes....
My first day of wedding planning today involved shopping for a belt for my dress and some shoes to go with the dress.Went to Beckers the cheapest belt was $350-- 'you gotta be kidding' I might rock a belt from Le Chateau-- at least this way I can wear it again.
Found some shoes that go with the dress. Can I wear open toe'd shoes in December? Its my wedding so I can do whatever I want-- right? Not sure if I'll get them but I know where to find them if I can't find anything else.
Looked for wedding bands for us since there were some stores close to where I was. Saw one I loves but it was about 5x more than my budget allowed. Will keep looking...
Looked for a Fascinator for my hair. I don't have a lot of options with my hair so short so that seems like a viable option-- nothing
Worked on the wording for the invitations- we're happy with it so it will go to the designer on Monday.
Worked on the guest list-- both my list A and list B. Still praying about which one we should go with. I know it will all come together...
My family and friends are amazing though. After getting over the initial shock that I'm getting married, the next question has been,' What can I do to help?'
So I've got Sheila and Heidy as my floral consutants; One of my clients, Hope as my facilities planner and decorator; my niece Monise as my guest planner and sorter; my brother will be the D.J. and his wife, Rene will sing ( but they don't know it yet- I'll ask them tomorrow),;My nephew -in-law, Dwayne will be our photographer. So all we have to figure out is the food and drinks and cake ( still looking for co-ordinators for those items-- hint, hint)
We're both so cautious of not adding any more stress to people;'s lives as its the Christmas season and we're springing this on everyone last minute.
Preston is away for the weekend on his annual 'boys get-away-weekend'. I really miss him. I think we've sent about 50 texts to each other today.

No comments: