Monday, January 3, 2011

Canfield Coaching - The Pre-season - Day 13

Prior to talking to your coach - my first scheduled appointment is this Wednesday (two days from now), there are a number of things you are required to do.

To fill out a short Pre-assessment form which basically looks at how you've structured your life (setting goals, etc.)
To read the first chapter in Jack Canfield's book: The Success Principals - about taking 100% responsibility for your actions and life
To have an orientation on the website - This was suppose to happen last Wednesday but they called to cancel and reschedule because the person who was to do it was sick (as was I, so I didn't mind).   That's now scheduled for later today.
And to complete a personality assessment called the Winslow report.   I had to wait a while to get the required password to access this report, probably a longer than longer wait because of the holidays.  I originally completed the hour long battery of question that make up the Winslow report last Thursday only to be told that it was positively biased and I'd have to do it again.   This is not an uncommon result actually, but still is somewhat frustrating result.  At that time I was with my girlfriend, and while she gave no feedback at the time on my answers, after I got the result she did comment she felt I was overstating some attributes or understating some faults on it.   I assure you, this was not intentional, but could be due to a healthy ego.
I was sick on Thursday, but in a good mood.  Friday, I was feeling worse, and the day was a complete disaster (some times you are better off just staying in bed sick).  Saturday I was finally starting to recover
but felt the fallout from the disaster of the day prior, as my relationship ended (at least as of this writing) and I now had a monumental mountain of 'to do' items left from last year (much put off from my being sick for 3 days) and now all my 2011 goals.  It was pretty overwhelming, especially in my still weak state but I trudge diligently onward.   It wasn't until yesterday, Sunday, that the reality of Friday's fall-out began to really hit home and that I got around to finally redoing the Winslow report.
While I'm sure it's all completely automated, they still make you wait three hours to see your results.   The instant I saw them, I know three things: One, I really should have put it off another day at least as my mood at the time greatly influenced it; two, I really, really, need to leave my present work situation - my soul has shrivelled up and died there and any questions were I considered work aspects were thusly reflective of that.   This is not wrong mind you, that is reflecting a part of my current reality, but it is so not reflective of me in any other situation work or social.  And three: that I did not at all identify with the person reflected in this report analysis.  Neither the areas shown as strong nor those as weak reflected an accurate portrait of who I am.
It may well reflect my negatively bias mood at the time though.  But if my ego boosted positively bias assessment had to be rejected, so too does this negatively bias one.

No comments: