Monday, January 17, 2011

Canfield Coaching - Goal Setting Part B

I could just erase the original blog post now, but I won't because I think it's important you see the struggles as well as successes.

Just as I was finishing writing that, my accountability partner called and after listening to me grip for a bit, reminded me my top value was God Faring, not Canfield Coaching faring, and maybe I should look to God for direction.  

Ironically, I already had.  I just hadn't liked the answer the Lord had given me.  Lol!  Often, I'll pose a question to the Lord in a bedside journal and in the morning, write down whatever first comes to mind which is often amazingly insightful (if I don't over-think it and just let it flow without my own mind jumping in).   I had already asked the question and the answer I got (which I had to check, because I'd mentally discarded it) was not to work on my novel, as I put down in the Canfield Coaching exercises but instead to finish my e-book in time for my accountability partner to use it to help promote her own work.  

To me, that was just a short term goal and since I don't know how I'll really make money off it yet, or really promote it, I didn't consider it as a 'breakthrough' goal as Canfield was asking for.  However, my accountability partner is right, God knows more than I do.  Really I want to see the whole plan, so I know why I'm bothering to do this now, but like a soldier on the battlefield, I don't know the plan, I won't know the plan and it's probably best I don't, so I just focus on what it is I'm doing right now.   I'm sure God will make more clear to me as I do as He instructs.

At any rate, setting that goal was a whole lot more fun and exciting than the novel.   It's something I can finish relatively quickly, looks to be interesting and engage me creatively on different levels (need a cover, and marketing).  The rewards, in whatever form they come in, will be much more immediate as well.

So many thanks to my accountability partner, I know she's reading this ( Love you! ) and of course to God for always providing me with guidance even when I'm a little to thick-headed to follow right away and need some extra encouragement (please help me to be more diligent in future Lord.  Love you too!).

So while it took most of today and good chucks of Thursday, Friday and Saturday, I got all my assignments done a day early again.  Whew!  Time for bed.  Later.  

No comments: