Friday, January 21, 2011

Canfield Coaching - Core competency

Don't have much time here today so I'll keep this brief.

One of the things I picked up from the Canfield Coaching materials is the concept of sticking to one's core competency.   Stick to what you're good at and the things you're not particularly good at or don't enjoy doing, delegate out as much as possible.  This is in like with other works I've been hearing about, and I decided to apply it.

I had a job I'd been hired to do (writing) which definitely wasn't my core competency nor was I motivated to do it, so I delegated it out, loosing some of the net worth of the agreement but still, getting it fulfilled (I hope, we have to see how this turns out) without it sucking up all my time and energy.

Next I want to apply that to my book - Dillon's Dilemma.  Getting someone else to work on finishing it, even if it means sharing writing credits and revenue.  Better it get done than remain undone.

As those two were my most pressing matters prior to the coaching call, and I had already answered my own questions, it didn't leave much for my coach to do other than confirm I'm on the right track.

This week the assignment is on time management, and for that I'm glad as that's an area I probably need a lot of help in. lol. 

No comments: