Friday, July 10, 2009

"The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated"

If my budding relationship could speak that's what it would be saying.
There are still complications and a lot of uncertainy but things are progressing.

This leads to an interesting dilemma. I really like this girl and am growing very fond of her but why continue this if it's only going to lead to complications? It would be easier to just have a relationship with someone who I like less but who's life is simple and straightforward to deal with. But where's the passion in that?

We are only born once, only have one chance in life so there's two ways to go through it: Safe but dull or risky and thrilling. Which is better?

Bob Proctor recently quoted out of a book a study that had been done where 50 seniors in their 90's were asked what they would do differently if they could do it all over again.

Top answers were: Reflect more and risk more.

Based on that it seems they had wished they had maintained a broader picture and not been afraid to take risks.

In my mind, ultimately, I would rather take risks and possible fail than failed to have even tried. In the end at least I know I lived as best as I was able even if I didn't reach the heights I wanted.

However, there's a difference between taking considered risks that have a large potential for payback and taking foolish risks.

Which is where I find myself now in this relationship - determining the risk and potential payback involved.

No comments: