Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Update

I finally held it in my hands and the effect has profound.

My book, Dillon's Dilemma was finally printed out in full for the first time ever yesterday. It has been 'done' for some time. I always have a desire to edit it some more but eventually it must go out the door and it's long past time.

It's printing was further delayed by the fact that my printer has both out of ink and cripping the pages. However, my work decommission our office printer and I was able to secure permission to take it home. It's a big, burly and noisy printer for the home (never noticed it was so noisy at work) but it works and it had a full ink cartridge! So once I got that home and hooked up it was time to print away. I ran out of paper and had to buy some more but finally it was done.

Nearly 450 pages. This is largely because it's single page and double spaced but it's quite the hefty tome right now and I wonder about mailing costs. It might be cheaper to have it copied onto 2 sided paper.

Holding it gave me a huge sense of satisfaction, that I had created this (or at least allowed it to be created through me) and a sense of certainy about it's impeding success fell upon me. $10,000 upfront payment and $25 million in total sales, movie licensing fees, merchandising royalities and others will come from that book. It's worth far more than it's weight in gold. I'm almost afraid to mail it off, but how else will it reach it's true worth?

I see this as a gift from God (or the universe if you prefer) and my life is soon to change.

No comments: