Friday, June 5, 2009

Current Status - Part Two - The Kids

This is really an exciting time for me. I have finished my book after 5 long years. I just took home a new printer, retired from my workplace, Wednesday. Now I just need to get some more paper, print it out and send it off. This weekend! Can't wait.

But my life isn't the only one on the potential threshold of change to a life of fame and fortune.

Upon the advice of my last girlfriend I decided to help my daughter pursue a career in modelling as she has been seeking for months. I took her to Sears Portrait studios and had a series of pictures taken. Fortunately, or perhaps, divinely, the photographer was a model herself and had a sense of what modeling agencies would be looking for.

I sent the pictures to Sutherland Models, one of the biggest modeling agencies in the city. I was going to send to Ford Models as well but they required some specific shots I didn't have. Sutherland called and asked me to bring her in. I did and they loved her. She's starts modeling school (14 day program) on the 29th.

Meanwhile my son has decided to pursue a music career, which he was amazed to find his mother and I supported. Of course we do. It's the only damn thing that he actually does without constant nagging. Plus he has a real talent. He and a friend are currently trying to develop enough material for an album.

Expect to hear more of these two in future posts.

No comments: