Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Quiet Time

It's midnight.  I went to bed a couple hours ago with my wife, who has early morning clients, but I've never been one to sleep so early.  Sure enough, an hour and a half later I was still up, so after wasted some time on my Wii (or my step-son's Wii to be specific) I decided to do something a little more meaningful and blog.

As I worked on our budget and she packed my lunch for tomorrow (something I always intent to do but rarely seem to get around to) we marveled at how divinely we were fitting into each other's life.   For as I would rarely take the time to pack a lunch, she would rarely take the time to properly budget her money but also always mean to.   We were filling a need in each other's life, almost without even trying, just by being ourselves.

If you have been following this blog, then you know I married my wife out of faith more than any common sense.  Heck, common sense would have railed against it.   Nor was it faith in our ability to make it work, but faith that that is where God was leading us, despite ourselves.  So we both got ourselves out of God's way and followed His plan, not ours.

While it hasn't been without issue, the merger of our lives, that is, two very independent people who have been single and single parents for fifteen years each, has been remarkably wonderful.   It's just been a joy to slip into his married life.   It's almost like we're living a dream.   It's practically too easy at times.  I never expected that.  I trusted God we'd make it work with His help, and we are, but I didn't expect it to go as smoothly as it has.

Now there was a point were we both started slipping into our old patterns but once we reached out for God, we popped back out of those and life has been ... lovely.

Having walked off this proverbial cliff and ended up with such a wonderful result, I can hardly wait to do so in other areas of my life!  Especially in my employment.  However, while I'm fully confident I am not where God wants me to be, I do not yet have a clear indication of where exactly God wants me to be.  So I'm committing that to prayer along with a list of other things.

As mentioned in an earlier post, the one thing God has prompted me to do is to resume blogging.  Although I was a little reluctant at first I am very grateful I obeyed.  I have always found it a useful exercise and I hope it  is a blessing for you, the eventual reader, as well.

Now, I'm going to do at least a little post in my sister-blog thecuphalffull.com as well - which I have been so far ignoring.   I don't know what I want to do with it but I'll just write whatever God brings into my head and we'll see.

God Bless,

PS

No comments: