Friday, October 29, 2010

New York, New Love, and Other Updates

Things are really starting to pick up.

Since my move back to Toronto proper I've used the opportunity to refresh my life (see earlier posts).  The results are starting to show.

To begin with I have a new love in my life.  However, I cannot image a more perfect partner in crime for me and the potential for us excites me tremendously.  

For a year now we've shared a lot of common interests, activities and advice.  Helping each other out when possible and supporting one another through our romantic ups and downs.   Really it's a wonder we hadn't gotten together before now.  I have lots of thoughts on that but it's irrelevant.  With such a like-minded partner I have someone to really bounce off of, encourage and compete with.  Never have I been more excited about the possibilities of a relationship.

One example of this is our trip to New York.  She has a friend who's been hospitalized that she wanted to visit and I jumped on the opportunity to join her.  After all I've never been to New York.  This obviously was not a long planned trip so there was no budget for it.   Instead of trying to go ultra-budget as we originally planned, she challenged me or rather us to put what we preach into practise and declare, seek and find $600 each for the trip. 

The timeline for that is short so we've got to really be creative and move on this.  It's daunting in a way but it's eustress, not distress I'm feeling.  I like the challenge and I love her for issuing it.  I of course immediately started my brain to the task and have tentatively found $400+ already.   When she heard I'd gone from nothing to $400 it spurred her on even more.   She doesn't want to be outdone by me, nor I her. 

In other news, I'm working on my e-book, Power P's of Enduring Success (tentative title).  Blogging again, have monetized my site and getting myself into more productive states every day.  She and I have put our joint product (tentatively titled) Blessful Endevours to the side until we master all it's principals ourselves so we can truly preach what we practise. 

Got a couple other things on the burner as well but I'll leave that for another time.

No comments: