Friday, July 2, 2010

Another Day

Just looking at that previous post I had made.  It's easy to see I was really connected when I wrote that.  It just flowed without any preconceptions of what to write or any editing afterwards.   I love that.

Today, is not one of those days.   Life has dragged me back.  I won't say back 'down' as I don't like the connotations there but life has pulled me back into the dramas of life and away from Source.  From my connection with God.

How did that happen?  Little by little.  Life has a habit of chipping away at you with this drama and that.  Specifically, I did separate from the woman I've been seeing for the last three months.  It was mutual and amicable and really I feel very much for the best for both of us.   We're better friends than lovers.  However, then there's the void that creates, and life starts it's little drama's.    Wants to sell the story that the void means something.   That perhaps somehow I'm not good enough, or that I'm lacking in some way.  Certainly I'm lacking a lover and all that entails so now I should feel lonely.  Feel tired of dating.  Frustrated.  Etc.

Poppycock, the lot of it!   The void is necessary.  It IS progress.  See: The Vacuum Law of Prosperity
That which I want to attract into my life, cannot come until a place is made ready for it.   You do not invite dinner guests and then not set a place at the table for them.   And so in order to find the woman I do want, I need to first create the void for her to fill.  

Now sometimes we set a place at the dinner table for a special guest and they run late, or worse, don't show.  We don't do ourselves any favours looking at that empty spot and feeling sorry for ourselves that it's empty.  It's there for when our guest comes.  Sure it's nice they come when we want but the world doesn't cater to our every whim.   We must accept it as it is.  When the guest arrives, the place is ready, the food is ready, all is set.   If our invited guest simply doesn't show, then that spot is available for someone else to fill.  But it must be available, so when company does come, we can make them feel at home, desired, appreciated and fuel their desire to return.

If we listen to the lies, the spot will begin to irritate us.  A constant reminder of what we're lacking.  We may clear it off.  Toss the food.  Drink the wine.  Have ourselves a righteous little pity party.  And then when company arrives unexpected, what do we do?  We are not prepared.  We have nothing to offer and they obligingly leave us alone.  The void is necessary.

The void is progress.  It means I'm not holding on to some long lost thing or faint hope.  It means my affairs are in order.  It means a spot has been made ready.   I do not need to look at it in regret, as life would suggest, I can choose to look at it in expectations that soon it will be filled and enjoy the anticipation of what wonders that person will bring.

No comments: