Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Moving on Up!

It's been a while since I last posted.   I had decided a while back that not to continue blogging until I found some way to earn money from it.  However, that was related to my other site more than this one.

I've been quite busy since getting married as being married has filled my life up much more than before (and I used to complain about how busy it was before).  That's not an excuse though.  I just put blogging behind me and now I'm feeling called back to it.

Lots has happened so let's recap:

We're buying a house!!

Yep, we've pooled our life savings and bought a lovely house in uptown Toronto, with all new furniture to boot.   This is a really great way to begin our marriage in a place that's 'Ours' and with furniture that's all 'Ours' as opposed to her's and mine with some old memories attached.

The housing market it Toronto has been insane, with demand far out pacing supply.   As a result every house was a bidding war.  Regardless, we put our faith in the Lord and even went so far as to give notice on our apartment.   However, we were continually outbid (by 30K!) on every house we were interested in.  It was insane.   Our travel agent was wonderful and a very nice lady but I felt in my spirit she wasn't the right one for the job.  We needed someone who wouldn't be 'nice' but could close!   It takes a different type of person to out-negociate a house, especially when you don't have the highest bid.   In fact our agent assured us doing so simply wasn't possible.

Fortunately, I knew better and knew just the man for the job.  Sure enough, through some tough and aggressive negociations, he closed the very next house despite multiple offers and there being a higher bidder.  He even managed to get all the furniture included and kept the price WELL within our range.  

The house is perfect for our needs, in fact, it's the best suited house for our family needs we've seen.  We couldn't be happier.

We put our faith in the Lord and despite many set-backs and uncertainty, we didn't waiver in that faith.  God delivered and in spades.

No comments: