Friday, March 4, 2011

Canfield Coaching - Now This is How You Work a Program

As stated in my last post, last week I was doing a module on Wealth and realized that I - still - had a 'scarcity' mindset which needed to be broken.  In particular, concepts like, "It is easier to get a camel through the eye of a needle, than a rich man to heaven" had me associating wealth with a lack of spirituality.  So while I physically wanted wealth, at a deeper spiritual level I pushed it away.

This wasn't a new revelation but the exercises did help to clarify my belief on the matter.  I knew that in order for me to accomplish any of the things I really wanted to do, that they would involve greater wealth as a consequence and I simply had to shatter that old paradigm.

So of my own accord I committed myself to calling the 'Coach Help Line' every day, as well as using affirmations.  While I have always had unlimited use of the coach line, this was the first time I was actually making use of it in a meaningful way.

I've talked to two men and two women, other than my own coach, on the line and it's been a great experience.  They are all terrific coaches and all have their own way of thinking.  Some focus more on Law of Attraction, others are more pragmatic and focused on goal setting and action.   It's been really great to get such a range of tools and ideas poured out onto me.   It's only encouraging me to use the line more. 

However, it's also caused me to have to rethink what I'm doing.    When I originally set my 'breakthrough goal' to work on, I decided to make it finishing my E-book: Foundation: Timeless Principals for Freeing Your True Potential.   However, one of the coaches asked me if I had a financial goal - which I did and immediately stated to earn $150,000.00 this year (not overly ambitious I know but certainly enough to break me out of my current set ways and limited thinking).  Then she asked if I had a plan on how to do that.   Ah... no...  "Well don't you think seeing some money come in would help break that mindset?" she asks.  Ah... yes...?

Sure my e-book should, with some luck and hard work, make me some money, but that wasn't a part of the goal or the plan really.  As it was set, if I had made a couple hundred off of it, I would have considered it a success.   Which begged the question - why would I set it out like that?  The answer to which was all too obvious.

So I changed my breakthrough goal to earning $150,000.00 in 2011 through my written work.   I then brainstormed how I could make that happen and immediately came up with eleven flushed out concepts for accomplishing that, including Foundation.  All of which are full time careers in and of themselves (at least for a period of time) and 8 of which I'm already have at some point of completion. 

Huh?

Yeah, I have or rather, had, a problem.  I'm great at starting and not so good at finishing it seems.   I'm certainly not the only one, however, at least I now know why.  My scarcity thinking keeps me from aggressively pursuing wealth.  So I work on what may be a great money making concept, for months, or even years but never actually make money. Eventually I get frustrated and petter out. Why?  Because deep-down I didn't want to.  I never really set myself up to.

Even with Foundation, my current project, I find myself with a pre-release version all ready to go, but no way for anyone to pre-order the actual book.   While I only have so many hours in the day, you would still think I would have at least gotten something set up.  But no....    I can only smile at myself at this point.   At least now my own follies are obvious to me and all I can do is continue to progress to breaking down those limiting beliefs and instilling new ones.

With the now daily help of the coach line, I'm feeling more confident than ever that this fundamental flaw will be broken.     

No comments: