Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Day 60 of the 100 Day Challenge

While my Challenge buddy hit a mid-point slump and bounced back nicely, more motivated than ever (see her blog), I feel more like I'm trudging through the trenches right now.

My work schedule has been playing havok with my workout schedule.  I need to make some adjustments to my workout expectations, not my goals, but my thought that I'll get to the gym 6 days a week.   With the hours I'm now working that just isn't feesible.   So I'll have to plan to work out more from home and hit the gym whenever I can.

Editting my book is going really slowly at this point.   The only time I get to work on it is while I'm on the GO train and many days I've been having to drive in, denying me even that time.    Also, I need a new laptop battery as mine dies after only 20 minutes, really limiting my time I'm able to get work done.

Finding a love interest has been taking some very interesting turns, maybe I'll feel at liberty to discuss them at some point but am not feeling inclined to while they are live and in the moment.   While things have not progressed as one would hope, they are nevertheless progressing and may very well end up as planned.

I have been doing a lot of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and studying the fundimentals of increasing traffic.  Also working on a colour scheme for my new site which should be in development shortly now that I have the money.   Also I have decided to offer free e-books (at least one by yours truly) to obtain the all important e-mail addresses of people (and drive more traffic to my site to collect the freebies).   Then of course use the e-mails to maintain a relationship with those people and generate more return web traffic.  My challenge buddy is also urging me to get on Twitter, which I hope I can automate as my agenda is already overflowing.

My last goal - becoming self-employed - is now almost entirely based off my website becoming money generating and my books getting published, neither of which looks to be happening anytime soon (although I'm still holding out for that).  

My website development and relationship goals are really eating up a disproportionate amount of time.  At least, far more than I had considered and eating into everything else.   I'm falling behind in many areas, my book, housework, e-mails (I have a backlog of 30 and growing), landlord issues, schooling,  fitness, etc.

Once I get into a steady relationship instead of dating that will become less burdensome or at least more regular and easier to schedule around.   At least, I sure hope so.    The website though is really feeling more and more like a fulltime career and while I won't have to repeat a lot of what I'm doing now, it'll remain a high workload.  At least until it's making enough money that I can hire staff.

That's not all bad, as I'm enjoying working on it, I just wish I was seeing quicker and far more substancial results being generated.  

Now this is sounding like I'm feeling sorry for myself and truth be told I'm struggling to keep the enthusiasm up at the moment and been really struggling to even find time to visualize for weeks now.

But Cathy, and Gary Ryan Blair (100 Day Challenge) both reminded me in the last couple days that I need to be grateful and they are absolutely right.   Gratitude is essentional to success so let's see what I have to be grateful for:

I have a wonderful tenant that has not only allowed me to be free of financial stress but also ease the burden on my currently unemployed ex and our kids.

Just got a large sum of money!

I am in terrific health, in fact, possibly the best fitness level of my life.  I have been hitting the gym regularly and seeing rewarding results.

I got my book editted by a professional and it's getting better and better.

I'm learning a lot and continually enhancing and refining my vision for my website.  It's coming along and I'm excited by the possibilities.

I have met many outstanding people, many of which I'm sure will remain excellent friends.  I feel truly blessed to have such high quality people in my life.

My son has started working and is helping his mother out further relieving pressure on her plus she's discovered due to a change in rules she now qualifies to EI and will have more money coming in.

I set a goal earlier this year to collect a large library of Wii games without any financial hardship and due to increased income and diligent shopping I've been able to do exactly that.   It's a trivial thing, made more trivial by the fact I've hardly had any time left to even play on it, but it was a fun and relatively easy goal even though when I made it it seemed out of reach.    To be honest, I haven't been appreciating my Wii game library properly.   It seems kinda like a waste of money as some games have barely even been played (although I'm buying them all for $10-$30 and it's not hard to get that much value out of any game in time) and it doesn't really add to the quality of my life.    However on the flip side, it is a testiment of my ability to reach that goal, one I was passionate about, even if it's silly, and it has brought a lot of enjoyment to myself, my family and friends and others I've been able to loan games to on a long term basis.

The same can be said of having found a great tenant.   I spent considerable time and money getting the basement back into shape and it's looking better than ever.   Now that I have a stable tenant I have sort of forgotten about that (and still have some work left to do that keeps getting put off) but that was another successful goal completed brilliantly and I certainly need to show more gratitude for both of those completed goals (which are both also ongoing).

I have many other things to be grateful for, my job which pays well and allows me considerable free time to work on things like this blog, my house and car, my college course (another complete goal!), of course my children with whom I have a great relationship, my friends, and my Awesome God who continually blesses me and constantly reminds me how much He loves me.   And so much more.

So there.  I think I've just helped restore some enthusiasm right there as I look at the awesome goals I have completed while I work towards even more ambitious goals, goals that really excite me, still in the works.

40 days left.   I started really fast having the month of October off and now it's time to finish strong!

No comments: